CPD Webinars 2023 Course Details
CPD 126 Webinar: Green Value: Energy Efficient, Sustainable and Resilient Housing
- June 15, 2023 (9am-11am PST)
- 2-7 AIC CPD Credits: 2 credits for attending the entire session, plus up to 5 additional credits for completing pre-readings and quiz
- Price: $115/$105 ($10 discount if no printed book wanted)
This course helps real estate professionals and other market participants to recognize and pursue the benefits of energy efficient, sustainable, and resilient real estate. The webinar focuses on market value considerations for green residential properties, including marketing, finance, development, and appraisal. The online materials outline how the components of a home work together to control the flow of air, heat, and moisture to maintain healthy indoor environments. The course also explores the market context for green housing, investigating the economic and governmental mechanisms that drive the market, plus challenges and barriers for the market’s acceptance and advancement of green housing.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe information sources regarding sale, appraisal, financing, or development considerations for energy-efficient homes.
- Discuss market value considerations for high-efficiency, sustainable properties under each of the three approaches to value: direct (market) comparison, cost, and income; also highest and best use considerations.
- Explain how energy-efficient products and features can impact home valuation – including heat pumps, energy-efficient windows, insulation, etc.
- Research and analyze market evidence related to green housing, both for designated/labelled properties and for green building features generally, including fewer tangible aspects like aesthetics, comfort, and social values.
- Discuss cost considerations of building green, both for new builds and retrofit projects.
- Discuss financing considerations for green real estate in terms of how property upgrades may be reflected in market value and ultimately in mortgage loans.
- Outline evolving trends and the anticipated near-term and longer-term outlook regarding development, financing, marketability, and value considerations for green residential properties.