Gain the tools necessary to become a leader.
- $2,000 in scholarships
- Expenses-paid attendance at two Scholars Gatherings
- Personalized business cards
- Professional headshots
- Opportunity to meet with industry professionals and network with other Scholars
The Ch’nook Scholars Gatherings are focused on themes of leadership. The Fall Gathering is hosted at UBC while the Spring Gathering is hosted at a partnering institution elsewhere in BC. Scholars will network and join a larger community of Indigenous business students from the region.
- Applications must be submitted using the online application form.
- The firm deadline for all materials to reach Ch’nook is 11:59 pm Pacific on [DATE]. Note that the 2019-2020 Scholars intake will begin in the fall of 2019.
- The Ch’nook Selection Committee reviews the applications and determines the cohort of Ch’nook Scholars.
- Successful applicants are contacted within two weeks of the Ch’nook Selection Committee’s meeting. Successful applicants will be provided with an acceptance letter that outlines the program objectives and requirements.
- Ch’nook Scholars are asked to confirm their acceptance in writing, to send letters of thanks addressed to Ch’nook funders, and to sign and return the Achieve and Contribute Agreement in a timely manner.
- Ch’nook will announce the names, post-secondary institutions, and community affiliations of the 2018-2019 Ch'nook Scholars to schools, funders, and media outlets.
- Scholarship cheques will be distributed in two separate installments of $1,000 after the Fall and Spring Gatherings respectively. Upon completion of all program requirements, Ch’nook will issue payments to students; however, please allow at least eight weeks for processing and delivery.