PhD Finance (London School of Economics), PhD Economics (CERGE-EI)
Bank of Montreal Chair in International Finance
Associate Professor and Chair, Finance Division
- “Are Foreign Investors Locusts? The Long-Term Effects of Foreign Institutional Ownership,” with Miguel A. Ferreira, Pedro Matos, and Pedro Pires, October 2017, Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 126, Issue 1, p. 122-146.
- “Competition and Ownership Structure of Closely-Held Firms,” with Ting Xu, May 2017, Review of Financial Studies, Volume 30, Issue 5, p. 1583-1626.
- “Heterogeneous Innovations, Firm Creation and Destruction, and Asset Prices,” with Lorenzo Garlappi and Patrick Grüning, June 2016, Review of Asset Pricing Studies, Volume 6, Issue 1, p. 46-87.
- “Corporate Innovations and Mergers and Acquisitions,” with Kai Li, October 2014, Journal of Finance, Volume 69, Issue 5, p. 1923-1960.
- “Pyramidal Ownership and the Creation of New Firms,” with Hernán Ortiz-Molina, May 2013, Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 108, Issue 3, p. 798-821.