Meet Joy Begley
BCom (Otago), MS (Rochester), PhD (Rochester), CPA, CGA, CFA
Ronald L. Cliff Professor in Accounting
Associate Professor, Accounting and Information Systems Division
- "CEO Incentives and the Health of Defined Benefits Plans: co-authored with Sandra Chamberlain, Jenny (Li) Zhang and Shuo Wang, Review of Accounting Studies, 2015 Vol. 20, No. 3, pp 1013-1058
- "The Relation Between Market Values, Earnings Forecasts, and Reported Earnings", co-authored with Gerald Feltham, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2002, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 1-48.
- "Managers' Incentives to Manipulate Earnings in Management Buyout Contests: An Examination of How Corporate Governance and Market Mechanisms Mitigate Earnings Management", co-authored with Sarah Peck and Tim Eaton. Journal of Forensic Accounting, December 2003.
- "The Changing Role of Accounting Numbers in Public Lending Agreements", co-authored with Ruth Freedman, Accounting Horizons, June 2004, Vol 18, No. 2, pp. 81-96.
- "Modelling Goodwill for Banks: A Residual Income Approach with Empirical Tests", co-authored with Sandra Chamberlain and Yinghua Li, Contemporary Accounting Research, Spring 2006, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 31-68.