Real Estate Division

ELPR exemption - graduated from a degree program

You can meet the ELPR if you graduated from a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree or higher degree (e.g., Master's degree) at an accredited university, college or technical institute at which English is the primary language of instruction, from one of these countries.

College diplomas and certificate programs, including post-graduate diplomas and certificates, do not meet the ELPR.

International students whose degrees were obtained from countries other than those listed above, such as India, China, or Mexico, Click here.

Sending transcripts and documentation

Students must provide Official/Certified True Copies of transcripts from the educating institution. If official transcripts cannot be obtained, a student may submit a notarized copy of their degree. Please note that ELPR documents will not be returned. Therefore, students wishing to keep original documentation will need to send notarized copies of the original documents.

If your current name does not match the name on the transcript, you must submit proof of your name change to the Real Estate Division, showing both the name on your transcript and your current name. The Real Estate Division will accept a copy of a marriage certificate, or copies of two of the following: birth certificate, SIN card, passport, citizenship card, or divorce certificate. If the above documentation is not available, you may submit a notarized letter confirming the name change.

Hardcopy Transcripts and Documentation

Transcripts and change of name documentation (if applicable) for ELPR exemptions should be sent to the Real Estate Division by mail:

Mailing Address:
ELPR Documentation
Real Estate Division, Licensing Education
The University of British Columbia
PO Box 5380 Station Terminal
Vancouver, BC V6B 5N4

 All students must include a current email address so the Division can contact you if necessary. If already registered, please include your student number.

Electronic Official Degree Transcripts

Official degree transcripts will be accepted by secure, password-controlled electronic transfer if an educational institution is able to offer this secure transfer option. Official degree transcripts must be sent directly to the UBC Sauder Real Estate Division to

Please note that due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, document processing will be delayed. You may check your Course Resources webpage to see that the ELPR has been met. We will contact you only if needed.

Image of woman with a headset talking