English | Français
This course, divided into five sections, covers various financing considerations and alternatives for borrowers and properties of different types. Through discussion of types of repayment plans and non-conventional mortgage fund sources from private mortgages, mortgage professionals would be better equipped to advise on suitable products for their clients. Meanwhile, leasehold, construction, and commercial financing present particular issues based on the unique characteristics of the property and projects. An understanding of these specialized mortgages will allow mortgage professionals to serve a broader range of clients, or to specialize in specific sectors.
Section 1: Commercial Mortgage Underwriting
- Application For Commercial Loans
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Lending Constraints
- Nature Of Covenants
Section 2: Development and Construction Financing
- Overview of the Land Development Process
- Development Financing
- Construction Financing
- Alternative Development Financing Arrangements
Section 3: Private Mortgages
- What is a Private Mortgage?
- Private Lenders
- Who Needs a Private Mortgage?
- Underwriting the Private Mortgage
- Funding the Private Mortgage
Section 4: Leasehold Finance
- Types of Leases
- Appraisal of Leasehold Interests