Pre-requisite: this course is an introductory overview and has no prior studies required. However, a basic familiarity with statistics and appraisal theory will be helpful.
This course provides an overview of Appraisal Valuation Models (AVMs) and their applications in the public and private sector. The course materials outline various AVM systems, analyze their benefits and limitations, and ultimately evaluate their overall usefulness for predicting real property values in a variety of practical, professional contexts.
Foreword: Introduction to Professional Development Courses
Lesson 1: Appraisal Valuation Models (AVMs)
- Instructor's Comments
- History and Evolution of AVMs
- What is an AVM?
- Traditional Appraisal Processes are Costly
- Canadian AVM Experience
- Appraisal Process as Modelling
- Types of AVMs
- AVM Standards
- AVM Strengths and Weaknesses
- Evaluating AVMs
- Conclusion – AVMs
- Case Studies – Private and Public Sector AVMs
- Summary: Appraisal Valuation Models (AVMs)
- Review and Discussion Questions
- The Final Quiz