Pre-requisite: Recommend BUSI 330 and BUSI 331, or a thorough understanding of the three approaches to value.
The valuation of machinery, plant and equipment is a specialized field that requires both a fundamental understanding of valuation and in-depth knowledge of specific assets. This course is intended for real estate and finance professionals who need to understand the basics of machinery, plant and equipment, as well as technical or engineering experts who require knowledge on valuation foundations.
Foreword: Introduction to Professional Development Courses
Lesson 1: Valuation of Machinery and Equipment
- What is M&E
- Types of M&E Appraisal Assignments
- Steps In M&E Valuation
- Valuation of M&E
- Other Issues in Machinery and Equipment Valuation
- Sources of Data
- Becoming an M&E Appraiser
Lesson 2: Valuation of Machinery and Equipment - Case Studies
- Case Study #1: AAA Grain, LTD.
- Case Study #2: Piccadilly Circus Restaurant
- Case Study #3: J.B. Steel, LTD.
- The Final Examination