Lesson No. 1: Appraisal Process and Course Expectations
Lesson No. 2: Critical Thought
Lesson No. 3: Principles of Research
Lesson No. 4: Market Research and Subject Property Identification
Lesson No. 5: Data Analysis and Tools
Lesson No. 6: Effective Report Writing
Lesson No. 7: Title Searching
Lesson No. 8: Area and City Analysis, and Neighbourhood Analysis
Lesson No. 9: Site & Improvements Description, and Assessment & Taxes
Lesson No. 10: Zoning/Land Use Controls and Highest and Best Use
Lesson No. 11: Cost Approach – Land Value
Lesson No. 12: Cost Approach – Cost Analysis
Lesson No. 13: Depreciation Analysis and Cost Approach Summary
Lesson No. 14: Direct Comparison Approach
Lesson No. 15: Income Approach
Lesson No. 16: Reconciliation, Certification, and Introduction
Lesson No. 17: Summary and Linkages
Lesson No. 18: Submission of the Narrative Appraisal Report
14 assignments: 50% of final grade.
Final examination (Assignment 18): 50% of final grade.
- Course Description for BUSI 398
- Learning Objectives for BUSI 398 - detailed competencies to be achieved from this course.
- Introducing BUSI 398 (Page 42): article explaining the major changes in BUSI 398 from the older AIC 399 course.
- Lesson 4: Selecting your Subject Property. Choosing an appropriate subject is crucial; you can review this lesson for the requirements and start thinking about this in advance.
- Document Fees: Students are responsible for additional fees, potentially up to several hundred dollars, for documents such as title searches for the subject property and comparables, corporate registry searches, costing reports, surveys and maps, and so on