Waiver eligibility (January 2024 Entry)
To request a GMAT/GRE waiver, applications must be submitted in full including all supporting documents (unofficial documents uploaded to your account) by August 1, 2023. Important note: Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and applications submitted later in the cycle may be in a waitlist as we have limited spots for the PMBA program.
To be eligible, applicants are required to submit a statement of qualification* and meet one or more of the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent, combined with at least four quantitative courses with a minimum combined academic average of B+ or equivalent; or
- A Level III CFA designation and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent; or
- A Medical Doctor degree / Physician with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent
*Statement of Qualification: Please provide a detailed explanation how you are eligible and why you qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver. Your statement should be 200-250 words in length and clearly demonstrate how you meet the waiver eligibility criteria listed above. The document should be in Word or PDF format and uploaded to the Documents section of your application. The statement of qualification also has to be submitted in our portal no later than August 1, 2023.
- If an applicant has two or more degrees, at least one degree must meet the minimum academic average requirement listed above.
- CPA certificates will not be considered.
- LSAT certificates will not be considered.
- No expired GMAT / GRE scores will be accepted.
- For academic average equivalency per country, please click here.
Please note that a GMAT/GRE waiver is not guaranteed as we will review each applicant's eligibility individually on a case-by-case basis. If a waiver cannot be granted, applicants will receive a notification that a GMAT or GRE test will be required for their application to move forward. Kindly note that all supporting documents including test scores (if applicable) are required to be received by UBC Sauder before the document deadline.
Want to learn more? Connect with us at email@example.com if you have any questions.