Either one of the following:
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test
- 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
For a competitive edge
650 GMAT OR 320+ GRE score on combined verbal and quantitative section.
About GMAT/ GRE SCORES
Students must arrange to have your scores (either GMAT or GRE) sent to us directly from the testing service organization, using the following codes.
GRE: 0965 (UBC) or 4201 (Department)
Scores are only accepted within the last five years. They are not considered official until you receive them from the GMAC or GRE office.
Waiver Eligibility (January 2023 Entry)
To request a GMAT/GRE waiver, applications must be submitted in full including all supporting documents (unofficial documents uploaded to your account) by October 5, 2022. Important note: Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and applications submitted later in the cycle may be in a waitlist as we have limited spots for the PMBA program.
To be eligible, applicants are required to submit a statement of qualification* and meet one or more of the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent; or
- A Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree (any major) with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent; or
- A Bachelor or Master of Science in Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Sciences with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent; or
- A Medical Doctor degree / Physician; or
- A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree; or
- CFA Level III Completed
*Statement of Qualification: In one page, detail how you meet the requirements to be granted a GMAT/GRE waiver and will meet the quantitative and non-quantitative academic expectations of the PMBA. The document should be in Word or PDF format and uploaded to the documents section of your application. The statement of qualification also has to be submitted in our portal, no later than October 5, 2022.
- If an applicant has two or more degrees, at least one degree must meet the minimum academic average requirement listed above.
- CPA certificates will not be considered.
- LSAT certificates will not be considered.
- No expired GMAT / GRE scores will be accepted.
- For academic average equivalency per country, please click here.
While completing your application form, under the Official Standardized Tests session, please fill in the following if you are requesting a GMAT/GRE waiver:
- Test taken: GMAT
- Date to be written: 12/31/2022
Please note that a GMAT/GRE waiver is not guaranteed as we will review each applicant's eligibility individually on a case-by-case basis. If a waiver cannot be granted, applicants will receive a notification that a GMAT or GRE test will be required for their application to move forward. Kindly note that all supporting documents including test scores (if applicable) are required to be received by UBC Sauder before the document deadline.
Want to learn more? Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.