The 3-month Master of Management Community Business Project (CBP) is a 1.5 credit course that enables UBC MM students to apply their newly-acquired business skills by working on a live business project for a not-for-profit or social enterprise in British Columbia.
Students are able to add valuable consulting experience on their resume, as well as providing local organizations with much needed resources and support for new projects. Past projects include proposing an international market expansion strategy, developing a business plan for a sustainable food business, and providing recommendations for increasing employee engagement for the Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Hospital Foundation.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Social enterprises
- Corporations with affiliations to social ventures/CSR initiatives
- Environmentally-focused businesses
- Start-ups with community initiatives/impacts
- Business plans and feasibility studies
- Fundraising and development initiatives
- Recruitment and retention strategies
- Corporate partnership strategies
- Market expansion strategies