Who you'll learn from
Studying at UBC Sauder means you'll be learning cutting-edge business from the very people who helped define it. Our professors are among the highest calibre in the world and their work has made our school one of the top in the world for business research (ranked #37 university in the world for research reputation ranked by Times Higher Education Academic Reputation Survey 2019 - Research). This research has not only been integral to organizations locally and globally, but it has also reshaped education itself. Below are some of the professors you may learn from:
Prof. Dahl is the current Senior Associate Dean, Faculty and Director of the Robert H. Lee Graduate School. He is also a BC Innovation Council Professor, and ranks in the Top 5 in the world for Marketing Research according to the American Marketing Association.
- 3M Teaching Fellow
- Business Professor of the Year (Final Four), Economist Magazine
- Park Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Journal of Consumer Psychology
New product development
- Emotions in consumption contexts
- Social influence
- Social marketing
Dr. Qian is an Associate Professor in the Marketing & Behavioural Sciences division. Her research interests include economics of intellectual property rights, along with counterfeiting and brand management.
- Best Paper Award, Journal of Marketing Science Conference
- Thomas Edition Innovation Fellowship, Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Kauffman Research Grant, Searle Center
- Economics of Intellectual Property Rights
- Counterfeiting and Brand Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Marketing Analytics
Dr Skarlicki is the Edgar F. Kaiser Chair and Professor of Organizational Behaviour, and recognized for his teaching and research in leadership, negotiation and human resource management.
- Outstanding Reviewer Ward, Academy of Management Annual Conference
- SSHRC Research Grant
- SIOP Scholar Designation demonstrating Substantial Research Contributions to the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Organization Justice and Human Resource Management
- Retaliation and Sabotage in the workplace
- Mindfulness and Workplace Performance
Paul has been a member of the core Faculty team since 2005. Paul has taught a wide-range of courses, focusing on Advertising/IMC, Digital/Web Marketing and Social Media, Innovation and Entrepreneurship but also including emphasis on branding and reputation, consumer behaviour and customer experience.
- CGA Graduate Teaching Award
- Talking Stick for Pedagogical Innovation
- Customer driven organizational change
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture creation
- Corporate innnovation and Intra-preneurship
- Lean Launch Pad Customer Discovery Methodology
- Business Model Design and disruptive models
- Innovative approaches to and experimentation in teaching and learning
Anne Stone teaches courses in marketing and strategy for graduate, undergraduate, and Executive Education programs. She has more than 25 years of C-level marketing experience at Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Papa Murphy's, Church's Chicken & more.
Dr. Joy Begley is an Associate Professor in the Accounting Division and a researcher at UBC Sauder's KPMG Research Bureau in Financial Reporting. In 2014, she was one of the faculty members who earned $2 million in funding from federal research councils for her work in improving sustainability of corporate pension plans in face of corporate bankruptcy risk.
- AFAANZ Best Paper Award (Financial Accounting)
- New Zealand Society of Accountants Prize
- University of Rochester Doctoral Fellowship
- Empirical financial accounting
- Defined benefit and defined contribution pensions
- Use of accounting information to control agency problems
- Empirical implications of the Feltham and Ohlson Valuation Model