Application Process for Masters of Business Administration
Step One: Admissibility Submission
Deadline: October 30, 2019
Important note: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship applicants can start sending their transcript(s) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as late-September. Our admissions team will review your application on a rolling basis.
- Carefully review the admission requirements for the Full-time MBA program. For the best chance of admission, aim for our competitive recommendations as outlined under the UBC MBA Admission Requirements.
- If you meet the minimum requirements, email the MBA Office Admissions team at email@example.com. In the email, please use the subject line “Applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship”. Attach to your email a scanned copy of the following documents.
- i. Academic records/Transcript
- ii. Curriculum Vitae (CV). Please note that we will only consider candidates who have 2 or more years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from the bachelor’s degree.
- In the body of the email, please note your First Name, Preferred First Name, Last Name, Country of Citizenship and Gender.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications, only those who meet the admission requirements listed above will be contacted.
Step Two: Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Package
Deadline: December 13, 2019
You must complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application before you apply to UBC, so we recommend completing step 2 as soon as possible. For more details, refer to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Website (http://mcfscholars.ubc.ca/apply/graduate/).
In order for the Selection Committee to determine your eligibility for this scholarship, you must demonstrate financial need, a commitment to give back and how your education will contribute towards the transformation of your community, your region or your country in Africa. You must:
- Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Form: applicants deemed eligible will be sent the Eligibility Form via email.
- Submit the Personal Statements as listed at the end of the Eligibility Form.
- Provide two references. The same references can be provided for academic application. However, a strong preference will be given to references that can attest to your leadership skills, commitment to community services and why you are suited for this award. (These references are in addition to the two references required for your Full-time MBA application).
- Submit the Eligibility Form, Personal Statements and two references. Convert your completed documents to a .pdf format.
- Completed packages should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Three: Prepare for Additional Tests
Deadline for test result submission: January 2, 2020
- If your Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English, make arrangements to take an English Proficiency Exam (TOEFL or IELTS) and have the results sent to UBC. For specific requirements on the exams for the full-time MBA program, please refer to the English Proficiency page.
- Arrange to take the GMAT or GRE exam and have the results sent to UBC. For minimum score requirements and instructions, please refer to the MBA Admission Requirements. If you have written your GMAT in the last 5 years, please arrange the score to be sent to us. If you haven’t written your GMAT or GRE, we strongly encourage you to start studying for it as soon as possible. We encourage you to reserve your test date as soon as you complete Steps 1, 2 and 3 and have been notified of your eligibility to proceed. GMAT and GRE test fee waivers will be provided to these candidates.
Step Four: Complete the Full-time UBC MBA application
Deadline: January 2, 2020
Important note: Our admissions team reviews applications on a rolling basis. We highly recommend that applicants submit their application early and well before the deadline of January 2, 2020. Applications completed after this date will not be reviewed in time for MCF scholarship consideration.
- Apply Online: Once your Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application is complete, you will receive an email with instructions to submit an online application to UBC.
- Full-Time MBA program applications are submitted through the UBC Sauder School of Business on-line application here.
- Application Fees: Application fees may apply. However, check with the MCFSP Program Assistant to see if you are exempt from paying the application fee.
- Ensure that all required supporting documents and official test scores are submitted by January 2, 2020. Only students admitted to UBC will be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about your UBC MBA application.
Step Five: Reviewing Process
- In late February 2020, Faculties will nominate admitted candidates for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. A university-wide selection committee will review scholarship applications, rank them and select award recipients.
- In April 2020, the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship award recipients will be contacted and soon thereafter an announcement of award recipients will be made.
For further questions and questions about the UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for submission
Admissibility Submission Deadline
October 30, 2019*
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program Application
December 13, 2019
UBC MBA Application
January 2, 2020