Either one of the following:
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test
- 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections
For a competitive edge
- 650 GMAT OR 320+ GRE score on combined verbal and quantitative section
About GMAT/ GRE scores
Students must arrange to have your scores (either GMAT or GRE) sent to us directly from the testing service organization, using the following codes.
GRE: 0965 (UBC) or 4201 (Department)
Scores are only accepted within the last five years. They are not considered official until you receive them from the GMAC or GRE office.
Waiver eligibility (August 2022 Entry)
GMAT/GRE waivers are available until October 5, 2021 for international applicants and January 6, 2022 for domestic applicants. Applications must be submitted in full including a statement of qualification* and all supporting documents (unofficial transcripts, degree certificates and official English test score, if applicable, uploaded to your account ).
Note: We have heard your feedback and, extraordinarily, we will be extending our GMAT/GRE waiver to the 2nd deadline of January 6, 2022 for international applicants too. Connect with our team to discuss your eligibility for GMAT/GRE waiver.
Learn more about the GMAT/GRE waiver eligibility and follow the steps in the video to apply for a waiver.
To be eligible, candidates are required to meet one or more of the following requirements:
- A master’s degree with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent, combined with a bachelor’s degree being at least one of those a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- For non-STEM degrees, a minimum of four quantitative courses is also required
- A UBC bachelor’s or master’s degree in STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) or Commerce with a minimum academic average in the B+ range (76% at UBC)
- For UBC non-STEM/Commerce degrees, a minimum of four quantitative courses is also required
- A Level III CFA designation and a bachelor’s degree with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent
- A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree
* Statement of Qualification : In one page or less, please explain how you are eligible and why you deserve a GMAT/GRE waiver. The document should be in Word or PDF format and uploaded to the documents section of your application.
- If a candidate has two or more degrees, at least one degree must meet the minimum academic average requirement listed above.
- CPA certificates will not be considered.
- LSAT certificates will not be considered.
- No expired GMAT / GRE scores will be accepted.
- For academic average equivalency per country, please click here .
While completing your application form, under the Official Standardized Tests section, please fill in the following if you are requesting a GMAT/GRE waiver:
- Test taken: GMAT
- Date to be written: December 31, 2022
GMAT/GRE waivers are not guaranteed and approvals are made on a case-by-case basis. If a waiver cannot be granted, applicants will receive a notification that a GMAT or GRE test will be required for their application to move forward.