Applicants must be able to speak, comprehend, and write fluently in English. An English proficiency exam is required for all applicants whose degrees are from a university outside Canada or the U.S.A. in which English was not the official language of instruction.
One of the following are required:
- Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL): 100, Print: 600, Computer: 250. Test Code: 0965
Scores arrive 3-6 weeks after test is taken. Scores valid if written within last two years. We accept all valid TOEFL scores, including MyBestScore. If you are submitting MyBestScore, the score needs to be on the official report.
- TOEFL Home Edition: 100, Print: 600, Computer: 250. Test Code: 0965
This option is available for applicants who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT test at a test center due to public health concerns. The test is offered everywhere that TOEFL iBT testing is normally available, except Mainland China and Iran.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 7.0 overall band
Admission based on Academic Reading & Writing modules, not General Training. Scores arrive 3 weeks after test is taken. Scores valid if written within last two years.
- IELTS Indicator - Academic: 7.0 overall band
The institution requires an overall IELTS Indicator band score of 7.0 and no IELTS Indicator score lower than 7.0. Our institution name is UBC Sauder School of Business.
- Person Test of English (PTE) - Academic: 70
Admission based on Academic test only. Scores valid if written within last two years. Forward results to us at email@example.com.
- Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL): 70 overall band
- Online Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL Online): 70 overall band
The minimum overall band score (70 overall band) accepted by us will be the same as the CAEL CE test format.
At the latest, scores will take up to 6 weeks – ensure you provide yourself with ample time from the deadline to write the test. You must arrange to have your scores sent to us directly from the testing service organization.