Applicants must be required to speak, comprehend, and write fluently in English. An approved English proficiency exam is required for all candidates whose degrees are from a university outside Canada or the United States in which English is not the official language of instruction.
Either one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign language: TOEFL iBT 80+
- International English Language Testing System: IELTS Academic 6.5+
- UBC English Language Institute: UBC ELI 5+
- Canadian Academic English Language Test: CAEL 70 overall band
- Online Canadian Academic English Language Test^ (CAEL Online): 70 overall band
TOEFL offers computer, internet & paper-based tests, all of which are acceptable. Scores arrive 3-6 weeks after test is taken. Scores valid if written within last two years. We accept all valid TOEFL scores, including MyBestScore. If you are submitting MyBestScore, the score needs to be on the official report.
IELTS: Admission based on Academic Reading & Writing modules, not General Training. Scores arrive 3 weeks after test is taken. Scores valid if written within last two years.Read more
PTE Academic: Admission based on Academic test only. Scores valid if written within last two years. Forward results to us at email@example.com. Read more
UBC ELI: Read more (for test schedule)
^CAEL Online: The minimum overall band score (70 overall band) accepted by us will be the same as the CAEL CE test format. Read more