- Embracing your leadership identity: why women often shun the stage, recognizing the value you bring to each audience, your ‘character’ and ‘role’ as a leader
- Applying the leader’s script: developing a clear message, building a persuasive structure, closing with a strong call to action
- The language of leadership: mastering the power of language, speaking with strength without apologizing, minimizing or self-correcting
- Achieving the voice of a leader: common vocal traps that can undermine your leadership, freeing the breath and projecting the power of your voice
- Adopting a leader’s presence: using your physical presence to create power, employing a leader’s body language, eye contact, tone and pace, “looking the part”
- Leading in conversations: active listening, informal and off-the-cuff speaking
- Leading in conflict: taking the right attitude towards conflict, tactics to lead in conflict
Working in small groups, you will create and deliver a well-argued talk that conveys leadership. You will also role-play conversations where you need to inspire action. Your skill development will be enhanced by videotaped feedback and individual guidance by experienced Humphrey Group consultants.
Note: while every program from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group course.