- Storytelling as a leadership tool: when and why to use storytelling, tapping into your unique stories, sharing a story about yourself and your challenges as a storyteller
- The story spine: identifying your message, creating a story in five sentences, suiting your story to the audience, using the story spine as a guide to create your own story
- Literary language: painting a vivid picture, creating metaphors, classic storytelling techniques, exercises to enhance the language of your stories
- Engaging delivery: telling stories authentically by building on your strengths, developing your voice to convey emotion, using your body
- Storytelling improv: improvisation techniques, bringing your story to life with energy and charisma, weaving stories into your day-to day conversations, guided practice in creating stories on the fly
This course emphasizes practical, applied learning. You will engage in small-group activities designed to develop your storytelling skill set, and you will receive individual feedback from the course instructor.