Determining your Presentation’s Purpose
- Identifying your purpose and what you wish to achieve
- What kind of presentation and slide deck do you need to build?
Structuring your Presentation
- Identifying what you want your audience to take away, and determining the structure that will work best
- Developing a persuasive and logical structure, using The Leader’s Script to create an outline
Building Visuals that are Clear, Meaningful and Impactful
- Creating vertical logic on each individual slide
- Ensuring your visuals convey something of value
- Storyboarding your outlines
Delivering your Presentation
- Techniques for projecting confidence and audience connection
- Using body language, eye contact, pace and expression
- Structuring concise responses in the moment
- Anticipating and scripting a response to challenging questions
You will work on scripts for an upcoming presentation or re-do an old presentation, and receive feedback on your approach, slides, speaking notes and delivery style.
Note: while every program from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group course.