- The world is your stage: exploring the connection between leadership and presence, creating an immediate impression with a strong entrance
- Creating your character: what makes certain characters compelling, identifying the leadership qualities you wish to project
- Reaching your audience: giving audiences what they need, listening to hear the emotional subtext, developing warmth and political savvy
- Speaking with passion: articulating your words expressively, reflecting the energy and excitement of your ideas
- Achieving the presence of a seasoned professional: using movement, strong gestures and body language, projecting authenticity through relaxation, spontaneity and self-confidence
- “Lights, Camera, Action” Workshop: performing scripts in a polished, compelling way
- “Presence in Interactions” Workshop: reading people by listening for different emotions, responding in an empathetic, inspiring way
- “You’re Always On” Workshop: improvising great performances in every-day situations, acting the leadership part with energy and charisma
- “Curtain Call”: leaving a lasting impression
You will engage in hands-on exercises designed to hone your leadership and communication skills. You will also create a script based on an upcoming performance opportunity. You will be videotaped delivering your script, and get personal coaching on both your presence and delivery.
Note: while every program from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group offering.