- The world is your stage: exploring the connection between leadership and presence, applied practice in making your entrance
- Creating your character: what makes certain characters compelling, identifying the leadership qualities you wish to project
- Reaching your audience: giving audiences what they need, listening to hear the emotional subtext, developing empathy and political savvy
- Speaking with passion: reflecting the energy and excitement of your ideas, vocal exercises to articulate your words in an expressive and engaging way
- Achieving the presence of a performer: developing a confident stage presence through strong gestures and body language, exercises in movement, relaxation and spontaneity to help you develop your authentic presence
- “Lights, Camera, Action” Workshop: performing scripts in a polished, compelling way
- “Presence in Interactions” Workshop: reading people by listening for different emotions, responding in an empathetic, inspiring way
- “You’re Always On” Workshop: improvising and delivering great performances in every-day situations, acting the leadership part with energy and charisma
- “Curtain Call”: making your exit as a charismatic leader
Working in small group exercises and workshops, you will practice your new skills and receive personal feedback and coaching. You will also create a script based on an upcoming performance opportunity. You will be videotaped delivering your script, and get feedback on both your presence and delivery.
Note: while every program from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group offering.