Adopting a "Presence" Mindset
- What it means to achieve a leadership presence
- Identifying the combination of qualities you wish to project as a leader
Making an Impact on the Audience
- Understanding your audience and giving them what they need
- Structuring, crafting and delivering the message
- Using clear and compelling language
- Powerful vocal exercises, using strong gestures and body language
- Exercises in movement, relaxation and spontaneity
- Expressing yourself to reflect your energy and authentic charisma
Being Present in the Here and Now
- Active listening to hear emotional subtexts as well as explicit messages
- Honing your improvisation skills
- Delivering a great impromptu performance in everyday situations
Working in small groups, you will practice your new skills and receive personal feedback and coaching on your communication style and leadership presence.
Note: while every program from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group offering.