- Three or four-year Bachelor's degree with a B+ average, or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution*.
- Mail transcripts, degree certificates and translations. Applicants who have completed their degrees at UBC will not need to send transcripts in.
*Three-year degrees are accepted for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. If your country or region is not listed here, email us for clarification.
Applicants who have previously completed an MBA or MBAN program will not be able to apply to the UBC MBA+MBAN Dual Degree. For further inquiries, please email us before starting an application.
Either one of the following:
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test
- 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections
For a competitive edge
- 650 GMAT OR 320+ GRE score on combined verbal and quantitative sections
Applicants must arrange to have your scores (either GMAT or GRE) sent to us directly from the testing service organization, using the following codes:
GRE: 0965 (UBC) or 4201 (Department)
Scores are only accepted within the last five years. They are not considered official until we receive them from the GMAC or GRE office.
Applicants must be able to speak, comprehend, and write fluently in English. An English proficiency exam is required for applicants whose degree’s instruction medium was not English.
Exam scores can take up to 6 weeks to be released – ensure you provide yourself with ample time from the deadline to write the test. You must arrange to have your scores sent to us directly from the testing service organization.
Students may demonstrate proficiency by submitting scores from IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) and the IELTS Indicator Test.
Either one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or TOEFL Home Edition: 100, Print: 600, Computer: 250. Test Code: 0965
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) / IELTS Indicator* - Academic: 7.0 overall band
- Person Test of English (PTE) - Academic: 70
- Pearson Test of English Online (PTE Online) - Academic: 70
- Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL): 70 overall band
- Online Canadian Academic English Language Test^ (CAEL Online): 70 overall band
TOEFL offers computer, internet & paper-based tests, all of which are acceptable. Scores arrive 3-6 weeks after test is taken. Scores valid if written within last two years. We accept all valid TOEFL scores, including MyBestScore. If you are submitting MyBestScore, the score needs to be on the official report.
TOEFL Home Edition: This option is available for students who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT Test at a test center due to public health concerns. The test is offered everywhere that TOEFL iBT testing is normally available, except Mainland China and Iran. Read more
IELTS: Admission based on Academic Reading & Writing modules, not General Training. Scores arrive 3 weeks after test is taken. Scores valid if written within last two years.
*IELTS Indicator: The institution requires an overall IELTS Indicator band score of 7.0 and no IELTS Indicator score lower than 7.0. Our institution's name is UBC Sauder School of Business. Read more
PTE Academic: Admission based on Academic test only. Scores valid if written within last two years. Forward results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more
^CAEL Online: The minimum overall band score (70 overall band) accepted by us will be the same as the CAEL CE test format. Read more
Minimum two years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from your Bachelor’s degree.
For a competitive edge
- At least 3 to 5 years of full-time work experience.
- Two references are required for all UBC MBA+MBAN Dual Degree applicants. You will provide us with their email addresses through the application, and we will contact them by email.
- Professional references from supervisors are preferred, and must fill out the reference form online. Separate letters are not accepted.
*If you have applied to our programs within the last two years, it is not necessary to submit new letters of reference and new transcripts unless you have undertaken further academic studies, as we retain all documentation for a two-year period.
Maturity, motivation & fit
We assess your managerial and leadership potential, maturity, ambition and drive, through your essay questions, resume, professional references and interview.
The fast pace of the UBC MBA+MBAN Dual Degree program necessitates that all students have a foundational proficiency in quantitative methods and familiarity with statistics and economics. To aid in ensuring that you have adequate knowledge in the above subjects, as well as relevant skills in Microsoft Excel and professional writing, a variety of online tutorials and resources to review has been compiled for admitted students.
Due to the rigorous nature of the program, it is strongly recommended that incoming students review university-level courses in topics like statistics, calculus, and linear algebra (or other courses in mathematics and statistics). It would also be an asset if you have experience in computer programming, data analytics or mathematical modeling.
How to apply
We have a rigorous selection process to find the right type of student that is best suited for the UBC MBA+MBAN Dual Degree program.
Take the next step in your career