Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of the following required supporting documentation is received in official form:
The final document deadline is June 30, 2021.
Important note regarding documents:
All submitted application materials, including irreplaceable documents, become the property of the UBC Sauder School of Business and will not be returned. Applications received or completed after the deadlines will be considered only if space is available.
If you have applied to our programs within the last two years, it is not necessary to submit new letters of reference and new transcripts unless you have undertaken further academic studies, as we retain all documentation for a two-year period.
Waiver eligibility (August 2022 Entry)
GMAT/GRE waivers are only available for international applicants until October 5, 2021 and for domestic applicants until January 6, 2022. Applications must be submitted in full including a statement of qualification* and all supporting documents (unofficial transcripts, degree certificates and official English test score, if applicable, uploaded to your account ).
To be eligible, candidates are required to meet one or more of the following requirements:
- A master’s degree with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent, combined with a bachelor’s degree being at least one of those a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- For non-STEM degrees, a minimum of four quantitative courses is also required
- A UBC bachelor’s or master’s degree in STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) or Commerce with a minimum academic average in the B+ range (76% at UBC)
- For UBC non-STEM/Commerce degrees, a minimum of four quantitative courses is also required
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum academic average of B+ or equivalent and a Level III CFA Exam
- A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree
* Statement of Qualification : In one page or less, please explain how you are eligible and why you deserve a GMAT/GRE waiver. The document should be in Word or PDF format and uploaded to the documents section of your application.
- If a candidate has two or more degrees, at least one degree must meet the minimum academic average requirement listed above.
- CPA certificates will not be considered.
- LSAT certificates will not be considered.
- No expired GMAT / GRE scores will be accepted.
- For academic average equivalency per country, please click here .
While completing your application form, under the Official Standardized Tests section, please fill in the following if you are requesting a GMAT/GRE waiver:
- Test taken: GMAT
- Date to be written: December 31, 2022
GMAT/GRE waivers are not guaranteed and approvals are made on a case-by-case basis. If a waiver cannot be granted, applicants will receive a notification that a GMAT or GRE test will be required for their application to move forward.