1. Check your Eligibility
Before starting your application, check your eligibility.
2. Review Documents Required
a. Official Transcript(s)
The official academic record for all current and previous post-secondary studies, issued by the university or college where the studies were undertaken. Applicants who have completed studies at UBC will not be required to submit the UBC transcript.
b. Other Academic Documents
The following academic documents may also be required:
- Final degree certificate
An official final degree certificate is required from the degree granting institution if the awarded degree and date are not clearly listed on the official transcript.
- Faculty advisor letter
An official letter of completion from your faculty advisor is required if you are in your final term of studies with no more than 5 courses remaining in your Bachelor degree at a Canadian or American university and applying for early conditional admission. The letter must state the number of credits outstanding and your anticipated graduation date.
c. Proof of English Language Proficiency (ELP)
One of the following is required:
- An official transcript of your undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized university in which English was the official language of instruction. UBC DAP may request additional official verification from the university to confirm the language of instruction.
- English language proficiency test results - TOEFL iBT or IELTS Academic accepted
Only tests written within 24 months prior to the application submission date are accepted.
3. Apply Online
Complete the online UBC DAP application form and pay the non-refundable application fee of $115 CAD. Visa and MasterCard are the only accepted method of payment.
As part of the online application form, you will have the opportunity to apply for exemption(s) from any of the foundation courses, if you have previously completed coursework at a Canadian or American university or college covering the same topic areas.
Check your application profile within 5 business days of submitting your application. Your application profile will be updated to include a list of all required documents to be submitted to complete your application for eligibility review. Refer to Submit Documents for instructions.
4. Submit Documents
a. Non- UBC Academic Documents
To be considered official non-UBC academic documents must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Electronic copies of academic documents sent directly from the issuing institution to firstname.lastname@example.org. Secure electronic delivery by the issuing institution, where the issuing institution sends a link to a secure site for document download to email@example.com is also accepted.
Printed academic documentation sent in its original sealed and unopened envelope as issued by the university by post or courier to our mailing address:Diploma in Accounting Program
UBC Sauder School of Business
Henry Angus Building, Room 247
2053 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2
Note: Current UBC students or alumni are not required to submit your UBC transcript as we can access your academic record through the UBC student system.
Make photocopies of your original transcript and degree certificate
1. Send photocopies to your home university
2. The home university is required to:
- Verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records
- Attest to the validity of the photocopies and stamp them with an official university stamp
- Put the attested, stamped photocopies in official university envelopes
- Seal the envelopes; have them endorsed by the Registrar and mail directly to the UBC DAP office.
- Arrange to have all transcripts and degree certificates issued in the original language.
- Obtain a certified literal English translation of your transcripts from your home university’s translation service.
- Arrange to have the home university mail the original language and English translation transcripts and degree certificates to the UBC DAP office in official university envelopes sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution.
- Make photocopies of your original transcripts and degree certificates. Do not open a sealed, endorsed envelope containing transcripts and degree certificate you intend to submit for admission.
- Take the photocopies to a certified English translator and request a complete word-by-word, literal English translation. All academic records must be translated including any information that appears on the reverse side of a document.
- Instruct the translator to seal both the photocopy of the original language transcript and the English translation into an envelope, and endorse the envelope by signing across the seal.
- Send the sealed, endorsed envelopes from the translator to the UBC DAP Office.
- Send the original transcripts and degree certificate provided by your home university in the original language to UBC DAP Office.
- Photocopies that have not been stamped, attested, and endorsed by the Registrar at your home university.
- Documents in envelopes that have been opened
- Documents that do not arrive in envelopes sealed endorsed by the issuing institution or certified translator
- Documents that arrive without the official seal of the issuing university
- Photocopies that are notarized by a notary public
- Photocopies that are endorsed by a lawyer, professor, judge etc.
- Unofficial translations
- Non-literal translations
Documents submitted in support of applications become the property of UBC and are not returned to the applicant or students. Students who submit irreplaceable material may request these documents be returned; however these requests must be made at the time of submission, either a written request submitted with the original material or an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the documents are sent to the DAP office. For approved requests, the material will be returned as soon as possible, and not later than six months after the student’s graduation or last registration.
Applicants are discouraged from sending irreplaceable documents and are advised to follow the instructions for verified copies (refer to the instructions above).
b. English Language Proficiency (ELP) Test Results
- For IELTS Academic, email a scanned copy of your test report form. UBC DAP does not accept test reports via e-delivery
- For TOEFL iBT, email a scanned copy of your test results and provide ETS with University Institution Code 0517
5. Await Results
Please regularly check your application profile to view the status of your application and to verify whether the required documentation has been received.
You will be informed of the admission decision within 10-15 business days of receipt of all required documentation.