You belong here
UBC is committed to providing the best possible environment for learning, living, and working; one in which mutual respect, civility, diversity, opportunity, accessibility, and inclusion are all valued.
When you come to UBC Sauder, you’ll be joining a supportive community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who champion our school's core values:
- Rigour: honesty, integrity, academic depth
- Respect: open-mindedness, sensitivity, empathy, awareness of others
- Responsibility: social and corporate responsibility and engagement in community
The transition to university is a big step. As a new student, you’ll be invited to join in an integrated series of orientation programming to give you a confident start to your studies at UBC Sauder. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet your new classmates and learn about all of the programs and services available to you.
You’ll kick it off with Jump Start, a week of classes, events, and social activities led by faculty, staff, and student leaders to introduce you to academic life at UBC, the city of Vancouver, and the campus community. Then, on the first day of school, you’ll take part in Imagine UBC, a campus-wide welcome celebration. Finally, after your first week of classes, you’ll join other new-to-UBC Sauder students for a weekend of fun-filled games and activities at The Spark.
Spaces for campus residents and commuters
UBC Student Residence
As a UBC BCom student, you'll be a member of both the UBC Alma Mater Society (AMS) and the Commerce Undergraduate Society (CUS). Funded by your student fees, elected representatives in both societies facilitate services and opportunities to enhance your student experience, including conferences, clubs, and social events.
Key activities include:
- annual conferences focusing on leadership, research, sustainability, strategic consulting, entrepreneurship, career exploration, corporate and personal branding
- numerous opportunities to volunteer and gain leadership experience
- career and academic services including social and professional events
- over 370 student clubs in which to make friends and have fun