You must have completed a minimum of 48 transferable credits including the following UBC courses (or their equivalents) by the end of April:
- ECON 101 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 102 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH 100 – Differential Calculus. Acceptable equivalents include MATH 102, MATH 104, MATH 110, MATH 180, MATH 184.
- COMM 190* – Introduction to Quantitative Decision Making
- COMM 191* – Application of Statistics in Business
- COMM 192* – Management and Organizational Behaviour
- A minimum of four** of the following second year core courses:
- COMM 203 - Managing the Employment Relationship
- COMM 204 - Logistics and Operations Management
- COMM 205 - Introduction to Management Information Systems
- COMM 293 - Financial Accounting
- COMM 294 - Managerial Accounting
- COMM 295 - Managerial Economics
- COMM 296 - Introduction to Marketing
- COMM 298 - Introduction to Finance
Applicants applying as a Year 3 transfer for 2023W are strongly advised to complete UBC WRDS 150 or equivalent with a minimum grade of 60% or "C". ENGL 100, ENGL 112, WRDS 350, Arts One or CAP satisfying the Faculty of Arts writing requirement is acceptable. Courses that are transferable as WRCM 1st for 3 credits will also be accepted.
UBC requires all applicants to fulfill the English Language Admission Standard in order to be eligible for admission. More information is available at you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/requirements/english-language-competency
* COMM 290, 291, and 292 have been renumbered to COMM 190, 191, and 192 respectively.
** This minimum requirement is for the purpose of eligibility for admission to the UBC BCom program. All courses listed must be completed to fulfill BCom degree requirements.
If admitted to the program, you will select a specialization—also referred to as an “option"—when registering for your Year 3 courses. Many COMM 20x and COMM 29x courses are prerequisites that must be completed before taking courses within a specialization.