Students nearing completion of our PhD program are recognized as strong, independent scholars who are ready to take on the challenges of a tenure-track position. For this reason, they are sought out by top universities around the globe.
B.S. in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Research interests: Data-driven decision making, Bayesian learning, dynamic pricing, inventory management
Supervisory Committee Members: Tim Huh, Michael Jong Kim
- M.A. Finance, Tsinghua University, PBC School of Finance
- B.A. Economics (Track: Insurance), Renmin University of China
Research interests: Insurance, InsurTech, FinTech, Consumer and Household Finance, Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Private Equity
Supervisory Committee Members: Jan Bena (Chair), Will Gornall, and Sabrina T. Howell (NYU)
- Queen’s University, Smith School of Business
M.Sc. in Business Economics
- University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business
B.Com. in Finance (with Honours)
Research interests: Empirical Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Labor Finance, Venture Capital, FinTech
Supervisory Committee Members: Li Kai (Co-Chair), Jan Bena (Co-Chair), Bian Bo, Ralph Winter
- B.S. Economics, Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2011 - 2015.
- MPhil. Finance, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2015 - 2017.
Research interests: Climate Finance; ESG; Big Data; Financial Institutions
Supervisory Committee Members : Supervisor: Hernan Ortiz-Molina; Committee Members: Kai Li, Isha Agarwal, Thomas Davidoff, Xin Zheng
- B.A in Construction Management: Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
Research interests: Negative work behaviours, team leadership, death awareness, and mindsets
Supervisory Committee Members: Sandra Robinson (supervisor), Lingtao Yu, and Daan van Knippenberg (Rice University)