BS Econ (Bocconi, Italy), Doctorate (Trieste, Italy), PhD (UBC)
TSX Venture Exchange Professorship in Finance
Professor, Finance Division
- "Incomplete Information, Debt Issuance, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," 2022, with Luca Benzoni and Robert S. Goldstein, Management Science, forthcoming.
- "Group-Managed Real Options," 2021, with Ron Giammarino and Ali Lazrak, Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming. Winner of the Best Paper Award at the ASU Sonoram Winter Conference, 2019
- "Monetary Policy and Reaching for Income", 2021, with Kent Daniel and Kairong Xiao, Journal of Finance, Vol. 76, No 3, pp. 1145-1193.
- Dimensional Fund Advisors Distinguished Paper Award at the Journal of Finance (2021).
- Winner of the Summer Haven Investment Management Prize for Best Paper at the Wharton--Rodney L. White Center 2019 conference.
- Featured in March 2019 NBER Digest, "Retail Investors Reach for Income when Interest Rates Fall".
- "Corporate Innovation and Returns," 2020, with Jan Bena, Review of Corporate Finance Studies, Vol. 9, No 2, pp. 340-383
- "Investment Shocks and Asset Prices: a New Approach Based on Investment Data", 2020, with Zhongzhi Song, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 55, No 8, pp. 2665-2699.
- "Does Climate Change Affect Real Estate Prices? Only If You Believe in it", 2020, with Markus Baldauf and Constantine Yannelis, Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 1256 – 1295.