Meet Lisa Cavanaugh
BA with Honors and Highest Distinction (Duke University), PhD (Duke University)
Associate Professor, Marketing and Behavioral Science Division
- D'Angelo, Jennifer, Kristin Diehl, and Lisa A. Cavanaugh (Forthcoming), "Lead by Example? Custom-made Product Examples from Close Others Lead Consumers to Make Dissimilar Choices," Journal of Consumer Research.
- Cavanaugh, Lisa A. (2016), “Consumer Behavior in Close Relationships,” Current Opinion in Psychology, 10, 101-106.
- Cavanaugh, Lisa A., Francesca Gino, and Gavan J. Fitzsimons (2015), “When Doing Good Is Bad in Gift-Giving: Mis-predicting Appreciation of Socially Responsible Gifts,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 131, 178-189.
- Cavanaugh, Lisa A., James R. Bettman, and Mary Frances Luce (2015), “Feeling Love and Doing More for Distant Others: Specific Positive Emotions Differentially Affect Prosocial Consumption,” Journal of Marketing Research, 52(5), 657-673.
- Cavanaugh, Lisa A., Deborah J. MacInnis, and Allen Weiss (2015), “Perceptual Dimensions Differentiate Emotions,” Cognition and Emotion.
- Cavanaugh, Lisa A (2014), “Because I (Don’t) Deserve It: How Relationship Reminders and Deservingness Influence Consumer Indulgence,” Journal of Marketing Research, 51(2), 218-232.