Member of the Order of Canada (C.M.)
BA (Robert College, Istanbul), MSc PhD (Minnesota)
Doctorat Honoris Causa, Université de Montréal, (2009)
Fellow, Royal Society of Canada (Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Sauder Distinguished Professor of Information Systems
Professor Emeritus, Accounting and Information Systems Division
- Ghasemaghaei, Maryam; Hassanein, Khaled; and Benbasat, Izak; “Designing Recommendation Agents for Older Adults: The Roles of Cognitive Age & Agent Comprehensiveness” Management Information Systems Quarterly Volume 43 No. 1, pp. 329-346 March 2019.
- Grover, Varun; Lindberg, Aron; Benbasat, Izak; and Lyytinen, Kalle; “The Perils and Promises of Data-Driven Research in Information Systems” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 2, Issue 2, Article 9, 2020.
- Al-Natour, S.; Cavusoglu, H.; Benbasat, I.; and Aleem, U.;, "An Empirical Investigation of the Antecedents and Consequences of Privacy Uncertainty in the Context of Mobile Apps," Information Systems Research, Volume 31, No. 4, pp 1037-1063, 2020.
- Xu, D.; Benbasat, I.; and Cenfetelli, R.; "The Relative Effect of the Convergence of Product Recommendations from Various Sources Online" Journal of Management Information Systems Volume 37, Issue 3, pp. 788-819, 2020.
- Al-Natour, S.; Benbasat, I.; and Cenfetelli, R.; "Designing Online Virtual Advisors to Encourage Customer Self-disclosure: A Theoretical Model and an Empirical Test" Journal of Management Information Systems Volume 38, Issue 3, 798-822, 2021.
- Ibrahimi, S.; Ghasemaghaei, M.; and Benbasat, I.; ”How do Trust and Recommendation Quality Impact the Adoption of Recommendation Agents by Consumers? A Meta-Analysis” (forthcoming Journal of Management Information Systems).
- Lee, Tommy; Cheung, Christy M.K.; Xiao, Bo; Benbasat, Izak; and Lee, Zach W.Y.; "Why Bystanders Join In Cyberbullying on Social Networking Sites: Deindividuation and Moral Disengagement Perspectives," (conditional acceptance Information Systems Research).