BCom, MBA (Alberta), PhD (Toronto)
Edgar F. Kaiser Professor of Organizational Behaviour
Professor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
- Song, Y., Skarlicki, D. P., Shao, R., & Park, J. (2020). Reducing customer-directed deviant behavior: The role of psychological detachment and supervisory fairness. Journal of Management, 1-29.
- Kay, A., & Skarlicki, D. P. (2020). Cultivating a conflict-positive workplace: The beneficial role of mindfulness in conflict management. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 159, 8-20,
- Skarlicki, D., Kay, A., Aquino, K., & Fushtey, D. (2017). Must heads roll? A critique of and alternate approaches to swift blame. Academy of Management Perspectives, 31(3), 1-17. doi:10.5465/amp.2015.0118
- Walker, D., van Jaarsveld, D., & Skarlicki, D.P.(2017). "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can also hurt me: The relationship between customer verbal aggression and employe incivility." Journal of Applied Psychology, 102(2) 163-179.
- O’Reilly, J., Aquino, K., & Skarlicki, D.P. (2016). The lives of others: Third parties’ responses to others’ injustice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101(2), 171-189.