- Develop a greater understanding of federal and provincial laws that regulate the workplace
- Discover the essential terms to include in individual employment contracts to protect your organization from claims
- Learn how to draft enforceable restrictive covenants
- Explore best practices for termination of employment with or without cause
- Become familiar with the multiple complexities of discrimination
- Learn how to avoid claims for aggravated and punitive damages in wrongful dismissal claims
- Learn how to minimize the risk of disputes and litigation
Minimize the risk of employer liability and litigation
The roots of employment law stretch back to the time of the Black Death. Today it is addressing the needs of the modern workplace, contemplating such subjects as gender inclusion; the blurring of work and personal time; and corporate whistle blowing.
This newly updated course describes the current Canadian landscape in employment and human rights law. It looks at the legislation regulating employment standards, acceptable workplace conduct, dismissal, discrimination and other essential elements of the employment relationship. It also explores legal developments in emerging “hot button” areas such as the use of technology and social media in the workplace, as well as privacy protection.
Stay in touch
Join our mailing list to receive relevant program updates and exclusive event invitations.