UBC DAP courses are currently being delivered 100% online until further notice. Read more
The health and safety of our people: students, instructors, and staff, is our highest priority. In light of growing concerns regarding COVID-19, the UBC Sauder Diploma in Accounting Program (DAP) has moved to an online delivery format. The current semester and future DAP semesters will continue to operate as normal using the online format, until we can resume in-class courses at a future date. Our goal is to continue to meet your educational objectives and professional goals, while minimizing any disruption to your schedule.
We will continue to monitor new developments and updates from the Office of the Provincial Medical Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Ministry of Health. Please check the ubc.ca website for updates.
Thank you for your cooperation and support during this time of uncertainty.
Please note, our physical office is currently closed but staff are working remotely and will be available to answer your questions by email. If you are a current student and have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com. If you are interested in applying for UBC DAP, please go visit How to Apply or direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DAP physical office is currently closed to ensure the safety of our students, staff and instructors. However, all prospective and current student support services are available through email and online platforms during regular business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Yes, UBC DAP’s admission process is proceeding as normal. Please review the updated application requirements to ensure you understand the updated official documents requirement of UBC DAP.
- Yes, to ensure the continuity of the application process for applicants we are currently accepting electronic copies of academic documents in place of sealed official and endorsed documents, unless otherwise noted.
- Upon review of an applicant’s transcripts, UBC DAP may request additional documents to be submitted at a future date before making an official admission decision.
- Applicants who completed an undergraduate degree in a language other than English are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS Academic exam. However, due to COVID-19 many exam centers are closed until further notice. UBC DAP will accept test results from the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and IELTS Indicator that can be completed online, allowing applicants the continued opportunity to satisfy the English language proficiency requirements for admission.
- UBC International Student Services recently released a comprehensive list of Immigration and Health Insurance FAQs on COVID-19, which can be viewed here.
- For specific information regarding study permits and FAQs, please contact UBC International Student Services. Their physical office is currently closed, but advisors are responding to email inquiries.
- Technological requirements for all online learners: access to a computer with audio and web-camera capabilities.
- Providing students with digital readings and learning resources.
- Video and audio presentations and/or recordings of lectures in the learning management system (Canvas), online group chats, and online team meetings, as directed by your instructor.
- Instructors will decide which format(s) best suit their course and will communicate with their students accordingly.
Exams will take place online. You will be provided details on arrangements for exams from your instructors.
The CPA Western School of Business (CPAWSB) will accept any changes made by post-secondary institutions to CPA-approved preparatory and accredited courses, including online delivery, alternate assessment methods, etc. CPAWSB will ensure full recognition of these courses.
More information can be found here.
Go here for UBC’s response to COVID-19.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our office: email@example.com.