The EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Committee at the UBC Sauder School of Business is calling for expressions of interest from students in being considered to be a student delegate associated with UBC Sauder EDI Committee.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the EDI Space, we would like to hear from you. We would like to recruit a broad range of perspectives to complement our existing committee.
The role of the student delegates will be to work with and advise the committee members on projects and initiatives related to teaching and learning, as well as student experience. The UBC Sauder EDI Committee is advisory to the Deans Office and works on initiatives and recommendations across three domains:
- Capacity Building: Continue to develop an engaging EDI culture that builds trust, participation, and inclusion.
- Recruitment, Retention and Success: Continue to evaluate recruitment processes to eliminate barriers in the recruitment and retention of faculty and staff, as well as in student recruitment, admission, employment, and career advancement.
- Communication, Engagement and Accountability: Develop clear and timely processes through evaluation and transparent reporting to the broad UBC Sauder community on its progress in EDI.
The time commitment involves some attendance at committee meetings, as well as other project-based work on EDI topics. Students should expect to do 2-5 hours of work each month. The term will begin January 1, 2022. The term for serving on as a student delegate is 1 year.
To reduce barriers to participation, student delegates will be given a $1000.00 Student Service Award for contributing to the EDI Committee’s work.
We would like to recruit in a manner that complements the existing committee to broaden our range of perspectives. Priority will be given to those who:
- Have lived experiences in and/or knowledge of the EDI space.
- Have demonstrated their passion and commitment to EDI and the principles and goals of the committee.
- Submit applications by October 30, 2021 via the submission portal.
- Evaluation committee will review and select short-listed candidates by November 25th, 2021. Interviews will be conducted in early Late November/Early December.
- Selected candidates will be notified by December 15th, 2021.