The EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Committee at the UBC Sauder School of Business is calling for expressions of interest from both faculty and staff in being considered to be a member of the UBC Sauder EDI Committee.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the EDI Space, we would like to hear from you.
The UBC Sauder EDI committee comes together monthly to discuss matters related to equity, diversity and inclusion. The UBC Sauder EDI Committee is advisory to the Deans Office and works on initiatives and recommendations across three domains:
- Capacity Building: Continue to develop an engaging EDI culture that builds trust, participation, and inclusion.
- Recruitment, Retention and Success: Continue to evaluate recruitment processes to eliminate barriers in the recruitment and retention of faculty and staff, as well as in student recruitment, admission, employment, and career advancement.
- Communication, Engagement and Accountability: Develop clear and timely processes through evaluation and transparent reporting to the broad UBC Sauder community on its progress in EDI.
The time commitment involves one two-hour committee meeting each month, as well as other project-based work. Joining additional project-based teams is voluntary and the time commitment can vary. Our existing members estimate that their contribution ranges from 2-8 hours per month, with an average commitment of 5 hours per month.
The appointment will begin January 1, 2022. The term for serving on the committee is 2 years, which is potentially renewable.
We would like to recruit in a manner that complements the existing committee to broaden our range of perspectives. Priority will be given to those who:
- Have lived experiences and/or knowledge in the EDI space.
- Have demonstrated their passion and commitment to EDI and the principles and goals of the committee.
- We particularly have a need for perspectives from those who are IBPOC (Indigenous, Black, and People of Colour).
Application process and selection
- Submit applications by October 30, 2021 via the submission portal.
- The EDI Committee will review and select short-listed candidates by November 25th, 2021. Interviews will be conducted in early Late November/Early December.
- Selected candidates will be notified by December 15th, 2021.