Young people are burdened with the mistakes of previous generations but their leadership on these issues has already begun. Leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, so whether it’s innovating, educating, communicating, inventing, inspiring, or so much more, young people are already reshaping the world we live in to become more resilient in the face of challenges.
Environmental sustainability is key to the success of resilient cities and innovative sustainability solutions are happening every day. From big systemic changes to small acts of environmental kindness, sustainability means transforming how our cities interact with the natural world.
Equity & Social Justice
Urban resiliency problems have a discorporate impact on individuals and communities who are already the most vulnerable among us. Equitable and socially just solutions focus the greatest resiliency efforts on addressing the needs of these communities, because we are all only as resilient as those who are most at risk.
How to enter:
- Post your entry to Instagram with the hashtag #Curephotocontest.
- Post your entry to Twitter with the hashtag #Curephotocontest and tag our Twitter account @UBCSauderCURE.
- Email CURE@sauder.ubc.ca with the subject line: CURE Photo Contest 2020 with your name.
We welcome you to submit photos until: December 31st 2020, 11:30 pm EDT.
Winners will be announced in January 2021.
Decisions made by participating jurists will be final.
JUDGING PANEL INFORMATION COMING SOON.
- Prizes for the winning entries are as follows: First Prize: USD $500, Second Prize: USD $300, and Third Prize: USD $150
- All winners will also get a brief personality feature to be published on CURE website and social media channels.
- A People’s Choice Award will be selected based on the number of likes and retweets on our Twitter account.