COVID-19 UPDATE: Upcoming Module 2 of the Aboriginal Management Program for Ch’nook students will be postponed. Learn more
In light of growing concerns around the spread of COVID-19, we will be postponing module 2 of the Aboriginal Management Program (AMP) which was slated to take place from March 29 to April 4, 2020 at UBC.
The health and wellness of our students, faculty, instructors and staff are our highest priority at this time. While the current risk of COVID-19 to Canadians continues to remain low, the Ch’nook Office has taken this proactive step to postpone classes in order to protect the health of our students and your communities by avoiding unnecessary travel.
A new date for the AMP will be set after we determine the optimum timing and mode of educational delivery that will work best for faculty and students. This means we will be following up with you shortly on your upcoming availability, technological capacity and learning needs. We will also explore the potential and feasibility of online learning should the COVID-19 situation worsen.
Regarding travel plans, be assured the Ch’nook Office will reach out to our flight agency to cancel any flights booked for March 29, 30 and April 3. We acknowledge these are uncertain times and we appreciate your support as we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19. Going forward, we will continue to closely monitor and follow information provided by the Office of the Provincial Medical Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Ministry of Health.
The entire Ch’nook Office appreciates your patience as we navigate this evolving situation. Be assured we will reach back out to you soon with next steps. If you have additional questions, please contact Erin Catherall via email email@example.com.