Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
Senior Analyst, Property Risk Management
- Senior Analyst, Property Risk Management (Insurance Sector)
- Level: 10
- Location: Ottawa
- Language Designation: Bilingual (1) and English Essential (1)
- Number of positions: 2
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical skills and your technical expertise to this Senior Analyst, Property Risk Management position located in Ottawa.
As a member of the Property Risk Management team, you will provide technical advice in the fields of econometrics and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as well as support in the development of property risk and property valuation models, to ensure the use of a full range of risking analytical techniques.
This full-time permanent position(s) is an exceptional opportunity for a senior analyst with specialized knowledge to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing :
- Leading and managing simultaneous projects, recommending priorities, ensuring products are being developed efficiently, resources are being used effectively, communications are regular and issues are addressed effectively.
- Identifying key issues and priorities while maintaining awareness of related policy, research and modelling developments.
- Developing property risk and property valuation models and integrating them with GIS; ensuring that all models meet statistical assumptions and model performance standards.
- Performing extensive research and analysis of property sales, market trends, economic factors and other factors influencing property values and risk.
- Leveraging available property information datasets to achieve gold standard in risk management for mortgage insurance operations.
- Looking after analytical requests, designing methodology, developing, implementing and operationalization of advanced quantitative modelling tools.
- Designing and writing computational and data processing programs using statistical/GIS/database Management software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, MATLAB, ESRI ArcGIS, SQL Server Management Studio and others).
- Supporting CMHC’s Insurance sector by developing, integrating and implementing GIS tools and answering ad hoc GIS requests.
- Monitoring and ensuring update and integrity of property databases and GIS layers as well as maintaining metadata for various property datasets.
- Developing and maintaining data quality techniques and processes for creation of consistent spatial and non-spatial databases.
- Analyzing user requirements, creating systems and methods for dissemination of products as well as collaborating with I&T teams to ensure delivery of quality solutions that meet property risk management business needs.
What We Are Looking For:
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University graduate degree in Real Estate, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Geography, Planning or related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience and/or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. A professional designation such as AIC, CAE, RES and/or a Certificate in Property Valuation will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in property valuation analysis and modelling activities; including advanced quantitative methods, especially at the property level and involving GIS.
- Demonstrated experience and seasoned knowledge in the application of statistics, econometric modelling, regression analysis, seasonal adjustment, simulation and forecasting techniques.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of external public and private data and information services related to land registration, property value, sales and appraisal, cadastral data, and GIS data.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills in statistical packages and database management and GIS software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, ArcGIS, SQL Server Management Studio).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate quantitative models’ output and results both orally and in writing, including the ability to make presentations to executive/high-ranking client groups, whether prepared or not.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and develop strategies for complex projects. Ability to integrate and balance different views to develop a corporate position.
- Highly developed methodological, analytical, creative, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively work with all individuals independent of their hierarchy levels, from different sectors within CMHC and a variety of other organizations.
- Ability to develop, recommend and present new ideas and approaches to analyzing problems.
Core Competencies: Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Functional Competencies: Commitment to Official Languages/ Effective Leadership/ Consensus Building/ Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Maximizing Quality/ Teamwork/ Coaching and Feedback
What CMHC Has To Offer:
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 28, 2016, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
Pour afficher cette possibilité d’emploi en français, visitez notre page Carrières. / To view this opportunity in French, please visit our Careers page:
N° de concours: 6273
Analyste principal gestion des risques d'assurance
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- One of these positions requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-filled capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.