Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
With a history spanning over 30 years, The Niradia Group has established itself as a leading contractor in commercial construction and high quality, award winning developer of residential and commercial projects in Western Canada.
Niradia is looking to fill a full-time, permanent position for an Accountant at our office on Annacis Island.
You are a confident, enthusiastic self-starter able to function in a fast-paced environment while keeping your focus on details and accuracy. Your communication skills and team-oriented approach will gain you the respect of your coworkers. You will be well organized and be able to multitask in order to efficiently process administrative information in a timely fashion. Your sound judgement, solid problem solving and numeracy skills will be an essential part of your success in the position. Your strong integrity ensures confidentiality is maintained as required.
- Assembling budgets from coded estimates and overseeing cost accounting
- Gathering data, monitoring and analyzing changes and auditing budget variances
- Liaising with Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Project Administrators/Managers and management to ensure costs are complete and accurate
- Generating variance reports for management and lenders
- Reconciling bank accounts monthly for various operating entities
- Conducting GST reasonability testing and related return filing
- Updating working paper files and financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting records
- Preparing corporate tax returns
- Completion of accounting diploma or business degree and/or enrolment in CPA program
- Strong data entry skills, as well as intermediate/advanced use of Excel and basic use of Word
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting or job cost experience
- Experience in Timberline (Sage 300 CRE) preferred but not required
If you are looking to build a career in the construction and real estate development industry, please email your resume and cover letter with “Accountant” in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes will be accepted for as long as the ad is posted. No phone calls please.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.