Applied Experience (AE) Exams are designation requirements for both the CRA and AACI designations. The AE Exams are created by the AIC and are graded by CRA or AACI designated markers. The Real Estate Division administers these examinations on behalf of AIC. Candidates wishing to write one of the Applied Experience Exams can register for the exam and select their examination centre via the Real Estate Division's Course Registration webpage. Candidates must also send to the Real Estate Division proof of exam eligibility from their provincial AIC Office in order to complete the exam registration process. Registrations will be received, but not processed until this confirmation has been received by the Real Estate Division.
Detailed information on the examination content and on the examination process can be found on AIC's Applied Experience Exam webpage (AIC members only - requires login)
What if I fail the examination?
- Review the grading worksheet closely (sent to you by email or mail after your exam has been graded). This explains the basis for your exam grade. It is crucial that you understand the areas where you need to improve, in order to achieve success in rewriting this examination.
- Post-exam review: all exams with failing grades are immediately sent to a second marker, who will confirm the accuracy and fairness of the grading, as well as provide further feedback. Exam grades are considered Provisional until confirmed by this review.
- Rewrite the exam: you may apply to rewrite the examination at the next scheduled sitting of your choice, at a fee of $215 per attempt. See the schedule of forthcoming exam dates and the registration page. Exam registration must be received at least 30 days prior to the examination date requested. Please note: if you are unsuccessful in passing the examination after three attempts, AIC may require you to complete additional education and/or experience before being permitted to write the examination again. Contact email@example.com or 613.234.6533 for more information
- For questions regarding exam content or exam grading or performance, please contact AIC: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.234.6533
- For questions regarding registration, exam dates/location, or timing of exam grading, please contact the UBC Real Estate Division's exam department at 1-877-775-7733, or email@example.com