We are all in sales! Selling has changed radically in the last ten years and, while some people have pre-conceived ideas of sales and business development, selling and non-sales selling are a significant part of all careers. Eight out of nine workers earn a living persuading, convincing and influencing others: ‘non-sales selling’.
This course is focused on learning foundational skills in Business Development to enable you to create successful selling encounters in your career. The experience gained from this course can be broadly applied to a variety of career objectives: it may lead to a role in business development or sales; you could apply what you learn in a marketing role (brand management or marketing communications) or it could assist you as an entrepreneur where you’ll need to sell your product/service and your corporate concept, persuade employees and financiers. This experience can supplement any career where persuading, influencing and convincing others is required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and capability to:
- Identify your capabilities, strengths, weaknesses and biases. Apply this knowledge to recognize and maximize your selling opportunities.
- Identify your own & others’ communication styles. Learn to adapt and use this in selling situations.
- Develop communication and teamwork skills through presentations, decision-making & class discussion.
- Think logically about preparing to sell an idea to a person, a VC, a buyer of any sort.
- Understand the importance of and develop your ability to use a sales presentation structure.
- Research, prepare and deliver a professional sales presentation (including deliverables), using a sales presentation structure, to meet buyer needs
- Investigate buying influences to ensure that all knowledge for a successful sale is acquired
Instructor Biography - Elaine Williamson
Course Outline - Class of 2018 (posted August 16, 2017)
This file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download this free plug in, visit the Adobe web site and follow the on-screen instructions.