UBC uses a rolling admissions process; applications are evaluated in the order which they are completed. Therefore, it is to your advantage to submit your complete application and all supporting documentation as early as possible before the application deadline. We strive to inform applicants of our admission decision within 4-6 weeks of an application completing.
|July 20, 2016: 1st Round application deadline
|October 20, 2016: 2nd Round application deadline
|Jan 2017*: Program commences
*Dates are subject to change every year.
Part-Time UBC MBA admission process
1. Submit your application
You are encouraged to submit your application and all supporting documentation before the application deadline. Once we receive all supporting documentation, your file will become "complete" and will be sent to the admissions committee for review. We are not able to send your file to the admissions committee until all required documentation has been received by our office. All submitted application materials, including irreplaceable documents, become the property of the Sauder School of Business and will not be returned.
Note: If you have applied last year, you will need to create a new application with a new email address. Logging back into the application system with your last email address will bring up outdated application information, and your application will not be reviewed for this year's cycle.
2. The Admissions Committee screens your application
The Admissions Committee carefully evaluates the entire applicant profile as presented through academic recordsTranscripts and Degree Certificates, GMAT and GRE scores, full-time work experience, essays and letters of recommendation. Each application is assessed independently from other applications.
3. Admission Interviews are held
The interview is the final stage of the admission process. All candidates being seriously considered for admission are interviewed prior to gaining admission to the UBC MBA program. The admissions committee or MBA Programs Office will contact you directly if you are selected for an interview.
4. Your offer of admission
Upon receipt of an offer of admission, students must submit a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit in Canadian currency. This deposit will be credited towards your tuition.
5. Deferred Admission
Students accepted into the UBC Part-Time MBA program are not permitted to defer admission.
Part-Time UBC MBA application instructions
Please review the following three steps thoroughly before beginning your application.
Step 1: Complete the online application and pay application fee.
• A non-refundable $125 fee in Canadian currency is required prior to the application being processed. The electronic application requires payment of an application fee using MasterCard or Visa only.
• All information can be entered directly on the application, and you will have the opportunity to save your changes and revisit the application until you are ready to pay the fee and submit the application.
• As the content and format of resumes widely vary, we have provided a Sample Resume to assist you in composing yours for application to the UBC MBA Program. Please follow our directions and format. Your resume can either be entered directly on the application or attached.
• You may complete your online application anytime before the final application deadline.
Step 2: Keep records of your application
• Retain a printed copy of your application for your records.
• When you click 'Submit this Application' at the end of the application process, you will receive a confirmation letter. You may also check the current status of your application online. Your current application status will appear at the top of the first page after you enter your email address and password.
Step 3: Submit all supporting documentation
Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of the following required supporting documentation is received in official form:
• Transcripts/Degree Certificates
• Letters of reference
• GMAT or GRE
• English Proficiency Exam
• Two passport style photographs (used for identification purposes and for the student roster. Please smile!)
Important note regarding documents
All submitted application materials, including irreplaceable documents, become the property of the Sauder School of Business and will not be returned. Applications received or completed after the deadlines will be considered only if space is available.
If you have applied to our programs within the last two years, it is not necessary to submit new letters of reference and new transcripts unless you have undertaken further academic studies, as we retain all documentation for a two-year period.