Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below the answers to many Frequently Asked Questions concerning Admissions & Finances, from prospective Part-time MBA students.
- What is the duration of the Part-time UBC MBA Program?
The Part-time UBC MBA at Sauder is 28 months in duration. For details, please review the program website.
- What is the total tuition fee for the Program?
For details regarding costs, including tuition, books, and living expenses, may be found here.
- Is it mandatory to provide my GMAT/GRE scores?
A GMAT or GRE result is a required part of the admissions process, regardless of an applicant’s professional or academic background. This is part of the way we ensure the integrity and fairness of the admissions process.
For GMAT, the minimum requirement is at least 550, with at minimum 50th percentile in each category. On average, our students score 650 on the exam. For the GRE, the minimum requirement is at least 1200 on combined verbal and quantitative. On average, our students score 1300 on the exam. For more information, please review the Admission Requirements.
- What is the class schedule and where is the program offered?
Please visit the Program Structure page of the website for information regarding class schedule and program location.
- Is the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam required to apply to the PT MBA program?
An English Proficiency Exam score will be required unless the official medium of instruction for your degree program was English. Please note that in this case your transcript and/or degree certificate must indicate that the language of instruction for the entire degree was in English.
- How can I submit my application for the Program?
Please visit the How to Apply webpage to submit your application.
- Why do you have more than one application deadline?
UBC uses a rolling admissions process; applications are evaluated in the order which they are completed. Therefore, it is to your advantage to submit your complete application and all supporting documentation as early as possible before the application deadline. We strive to inform applicants of our admission decision within 4-6 weeks of an application completing.
- I am interested in the Program - how can I speak to an advisor?
If you would like to book an advising appointment, please email us a copy of your resume/CV, the list of questions that you would like to discuss with the advisor and a copy of your GMAT/GRE result. Our contact details can be found here.
- How can I learn more information about the PT MBA program?