Application Instructions - Master of Business Administration and the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
|Deadlines for Submission
|Admissibility Submission Deadline
|November 1, 2017
|The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program Application
|November 17, 2017
|UBC MBA Application
|January 15, 2018
|Additional Tests Submission Deadline
|January 31, 2018
Application Process for Masters of Business Administration
Step One: Admissibility Submission
DEADLINE: November 1, 2017
- Please carefully review the admission requirements for the Full-time MBA program. For the best chance of admission, we strongly encourage you to aim for our competitive recommendations, as outlined under the UBC MBA Admission Requirements.
- Email the MBA Office Admissions team at email@example.com. In the email, please state that you will be applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. Attach to your email a scanned copy of the following documents. Please note that due to a high volume of applications, only those who meet the admission requirements listed above will be contacted.
- i. Academic records/Transcript
- ii. Curriculum Vitae (CV). Please note that we will only consider candidates who have 2 or more years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from the bachelor’s degree.
Step Two: Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Package
DEADLINE: November 17, 2017. You must complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application before you apply to UBC.
In order for the Selection Committee to determine your eligibility for this scholarship, you must demonstrate financial need, a commitment to give back and how your education will contribute towards the transformation of your community, your region or your country in Africa. You must:
- Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Form: applicants deemed eligible will be sent the Eligibility Form via email.
- Submit the Personal Statements as listed at the end of the Eligibility Form.
- Provide two references. The same references can be provided for academic application. However, a strong preference will be given to references that can attest to your leadership skills, commitment to community services and why you are suited for this award. (These references are in addition to the ones you have already submitted for your academic references).
- Submit the Eligibility Form, Personal Statements and two references. Completed packages can be submitted by:
- Email: complete and convert your eligibility documents to .pdf format and email them as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Three: Complete the Full-time UBC MBA application.
DEADLINE: January 15, 2018
- Apply Online: Once your Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application is complete, you will receive an email with instructions to submit an online application to UBC.
- Full-Time MBA program applications are submitted through the UBC Sauder School of Business on-line application here.
- Application Fees: Application fees may apply. However, check with the MCFSP Program Assistant to see if you are exempt from paying the application fee.
- Ensure that all required supporting documents and official test scores are submitted by January 31st, 2018.
- Only students admitted to UBC will be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about your UBC MBA application.
Step Four: Prepare for Additional Tests
DEADLINE: January 31, 2018
- If your Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English, make arrangements to take an English Proficiency Exam (TOEFL or IELTS) and have the results sent to UBC. For specific requirements on the exams for the full-time MBA program, please refer to the English Proficiency page.
- Arrange to take the GMAT or GRE exam and have the results sent to UBC. For minimum score requirements and instructions, please refer to the MBA Admission Requirements. If you have written your GMAT in the last 5 years, please arrange the score to be sent to us. If you haven’t written your GMAT or GRE, we strongly encourage you to start studying for it as soon as possible. We encourage you to reserve your test date as soon as you complete Steps 1, 2 and 3 and have been notified of your eligibility to proceed. GMAT and GRE test waivers will be provided to these candidates.
Step Five: Reviewing Process
- In March 2018, Faculties will nominate admitted candidates for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. A university-wide selection committee will review scholarship applications, rank them and select award recipients.
- In April 2018, the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship award recipients will be contacted and soon thereafter an announcement of award recipients will be made.
For further questions and questions about the UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.