- Identifying adaptive work: exploring gaps between adaptive challenges and personal values, testing multiple perspectives, thinking critically about challenges
- Engaging and energizing others: identifying shared values, negotiating with authority, creating collaborative processes, mobilizing engagement and generating innovation
- Giving the work back: empowering others to take ownership, dealing with distractions and avoidance, developing strategies for active learning
- Orchestrating conflict: surfacing hidden conflict and directing it toward the adaptive work, depersonalizing conflicts
- Regulating disequilibrium: managing stress and the pace of learning, respecting diversity, focusing on collective purpose
- Infusing adaptive work with meaning: connecting adaptive work with specific tasks, shared values and individual purpose, practicing leadership from any position
- Effective intervening: remaining agile in diagnosing adaptive work, exercising leadership experimentally and tactfully
- Peer case consultation method
Working in groups, you will analyze leadership challenges you are currently facing, and apply the Adaptive Leadership framework to design an action plan for progress. You will also practice peer consultation—a vital component of adaptive leadership development.
This program is intended for senior managers, executives and directors who wish to evolve a context-specific leadership strategy for maximizing personal and organizational productivity.
“Adel is a highly-engaging facilitator delivering an innovative leadership concept in a compelling and experiential manner. This course challenges the traditional definitions of leadership and provides a constructive framework for re-thinking what it means to serve in a leadership capacity.”
“Adel is an energetic and engaging instructor: be prepared to be awakened on the true meaning of leadership!”
Regional Manager, Business Services
Northern Savings Credit Union