- Crafting, communicating and embracing your leadership identity, uncovering habits that may be working against you, adopting the mindset to take the stage
- The Leader’s Script: organizing your communication, building a persuasive structure, avoiding language traps
- Creating a Leader's Script with a strong message and confident language, developing a script for an upcoming opportunity to demonstrate leadership
- Achieving the voice of a leader: common vocal traps that can undermine your leadership, freeing the breath and projecting the power of your voice, exercises for developing stronger vocal habits
- Adopting a leader’s presence: taking control of perceptions through physical presence, using body language, eye contact, tone, pace and expression to project confidence, delivering your script
- Leading in conversations: listening to lead, using the Leader's Script for upcoming planned and unplanned conversations
- Leading in conflict: adopting the right attitude towards conflict, tactics for leading in conflict
This course emphasizes applied learning in a small group format. You will prepare and deliver a brief talk, and role-play conversations where you need to inspire action. You will receive personalized coaching on your voice and presence, including videotaped feedback.
Note: while every course from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group course.
This course is designed for women leaders at all levels in the organization.
"I found this course to be extremely powerful and applicable to my everyday work. I learned how to develop the tools required for strategic communication in order to reach a desired outcome. I would highly recommend it to all women transitioning into a leadership role.”
Vice President of Operations
Cambridge House International
“This incredibly practical course provided me with important insights into my leadership identity, and took my public speaking abilities to the next level.”
Manager, Financial Planning
BC Liquor Distribution Brunch
"Great use of my time. The program was very practical and provided great tips. The instructors were amazing and gave us useful feedback.”
Senior Regulatory Analyst
Financial Institutions Commission
"This course was an incredible experience that will last me a lifetime. I was pushed outside of my comfort zone, and helped to grow as a person, a mother and a leader. I would encourage any woman to attend.”
Coast Capital Savings
"The course was an eye-opening experience to recognize behaviours that undermine leadership. I came out of it with specific items that can be easily incorporated in my life to strengthen my leadership and move forward in my career."
Scientist, Protein Engineering
"I found the course to be incredibly inspiring. It has given me a lot of insight into who I am and how I come across to others. This class boosted my confidence and was very encouraging. I would absolutely recommend it to my co-workers and friends.”
HR Advisor, Learning & Development
First West Credit Union
"If you want a course that will hit you in the solar plexus and make you say to yourself: 'WHY didn't anyone tell me this sooner?' - this is the one. You may be faced with issues that are uncomfortable, but the professionalism of the instructors and other participants will allow you to explore in a safe environment. Highly recommended!"
Business Operations Manager
"I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to create clear and inspiring communication, as well as connecting with other female leaders."
PFM Executive Search
"Empowering, practical and engaging, this course will provide every woman with a 'must have' tool - that of clear, concise and powerful communication."
CGA Senior Accountant
"The instructors gave us a high level of energy and clear focus. The tools and exercises drilled home what 'taking the stage' needs to look and feel like. I highly recommend this course; you will want to lean in and 'take the stage' more often!"
Strategic Marketing Consultant
"This course should be mandatory for all women starting their corporate careers--I wish I had taken it years ago!"
Strategic HR Advisor People and Workplace Strategies Branch
Corporate Services for the Natural Resource Sector