- Storytelling as a leadership tool: when and why to use storytelling, tapping into your unique stories, sharing a story about yourself and your challenges as a storyteller
- The story spine: identifying your message, creating a story in five sentences, suiting your story to the audience, using the story spine as a guide to create your own story
- Literary language: painting a vivid picture, creating metaphors, classic storytelling techniques, exercises to enhance the language of your stories
- Engaging delivery: telling stories authentically by building on your strengths, developing your voice to convey emotion, using your body
- Storytelling improv: improvisation techniques, bringing your story to life with energy and charisma, weaving stories into your day-to day conversations, guided practice in creating stories on the fly
This course emphasizes practical, applied learning. You will engage in small-group activities designed to develop your storytelling skill set, and you will receive individual feedback from the course instructor.
This course is for leaders at all levels who wish to complement their leadership communication skills with storytelling.
“As a trial lawyer, it is my job to weave my clients' cases into powerful stories. With the tools I learned, I have more structure to refine what I have already been doing. I feel like a door has opened and revealed a sparkling world of possibilities. I see opportunities to use these skills everywhere, and left the course feeling empowered to use them.”
McComb Witten Marcoux