- Developing a positive sales mindset: connecting sales with your personal values and professional growth, setting direction and boundaries
- Building an effective sales framework: relationships between principles, strategy and tactics, uncovering your client’s true objectives
- Common sales methodologies and the best uses for each method
- Gaining new clients: identifying and qualifying new opportunities, client communication strategies, closing new business collaboratively
- Extending client engagements: identifying and assessing new opportunities with existing clients, turning scope creep into new business
- Persuasion fluency: establishing peer-like relationships, positioning yourself as indispensable to your client’s objectives, being relevant to different levels of management
- Achieving favourable client management metrics: profitability, retention, referrals
This workshop provides a comfortable yet challenging learning environment in which to experiment with and refine your sales approach. The methods explored are effective in a variety of situations—from engaging new clients, to expanding business with existing clients, to selling ideas internally within your own organization.
This course applies to any non-sales professional who deals directly with customers. It is of particular interest to client managers, consultants and subject matter experts in business and professional services (e.g. HR, IT, Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Transportation etc.) who want to attract, retain and grow their client business.