- Using consistent project management terminology
- Creating a project kick-off document that captures goals and completion criteria
- Identifying and communicating with project stakeholders
- Using a work breakdown structure to better plan project tasks and checkpoints
- Generating a realistic project schedule
- Tools for tracking and controlling projects
- Responding proactively to project risks and changes
- Improving your team leadership skills in a project environment
- Practical solutions to common project challenges
- How to properly close out project activities
You will work on a variety of project scenarios, applying what you are learning to real-world situations. You will leave with a reference guide and templates to support ongoing learning back at work.
Executive assistants, office administrators, administrative assistants, coordinators, and other administrative staff.
“I have probably learned more these two days than I have in any other past training. The instructor did an excellent job and I am now better prepared to manage projects. I’m thrilled to return to my projects with a new perspective.”
The Salvation Army
“This excellent course will benefit me in my job and in my future.”
Gingolx Village Government
"This class is a good stepping stone for those who are interested in pursuing Project Management. I enjoyed the interactive activities that were conducted throughout the two-day workshop.”
BC Cancer Agency
“My experience with the program was exceptional. I look forward to utilizing the tools and information that I have gained this week, I anticipate a much smoother flow to my projects.”
"This course was fantastic. We all enjoyed ourselves while learning material that we will be able to easily incorporate into our projects. The practical exercises, in particular, helped us to understand how these new tools can be beneficial for all of us, regardless of what industry we work in. I look forward to using these tools in my future projects."
Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation
"Excellent course, excellent instructor. Tracy taught me things I can start doing right away to make my projects easier to control. I will definitely be putting this training to use in my day to day routine!"
Corporate Facilities Coordinator
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
"Very good course; an intense two days with many group exercises and sharing of ideas. The take-away material will be useful in applying the various steps of project management to my job."
Assistant, Legal and Corporate Affairs
Canadian Tourism Commission
"I just want to say how much I enjoyed the two-day class and especially our instructor! She was marvelous – I highly recommend this course to anyone who will listen!"
Assistant to the Dean
Camosun College – School of Trades & Technology