- Performance management as a business strategy enabler
- Characteristics of an ideal performance management system, using the three phases of managing performance to drive business results
- Performance planning: setting role-related results and development objectives, communicating a "line of sight" so that people understand how their individual objectives connect to departmental and organizational objectives
- Ongoing coaching: preparing for coaching conversations, providing constructive feedback, observational and results-based coaching methods to build performance excellence
- Reviewing performance: performance evaluation techniques, balancing manager evaluation with self-evaluation, writing performance appraisal comments
- Dealing with challenging performance: identifying the root causes of poor performance, processes for performance discipline, establishing accountability and turning around unacceptable performance, avoiding problems through documentation
This hands-on course includes group discussions, case studies, individual activity-based development and small group exercises to deepen your insights and sharpen your performance management skills.
Department managers, line supervisors, team leaders or others in positions that require them to manage and document employee performance. HR professionals who want an overview of the implementation end of performance management will also benefit from attending.
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It is very relevant to our corporate direction on performance management, and it gave me new skills and clear direction as we move forward."
"This course provided me with current ideas and processes, and gave me a roadmap to better harness the full potential of my team. I highly recommend it to any manager who thinks there has to be more to the performance management process within their company."
Western Canadian Regional Sales Manager
"I would recommend this course to anyone in a managerial position. The strategies shared in the course would be of benefit to any organization.”
Workers Compensation Board of AB
“Rob is an amazing instructor! He kept the classroom engaged, and although we covered a lot of material in two days, the pace never felt rushed. He gave me one-on-one help several times and welcomed questions or comments.”
Kelowna Home Hardware