- Lean and Six Sigma Overview: Identification of Waste, Value Definition, Lean Principles (Value-Stream and Flow, Just-in-Time, Pull vs. Push)
- DMAIC Framework
- DEFINE: Problem and Goal Statement, Primary vs. Secondary Metrics, Voice of the Customer, SIPOC and Process Mapping
- MEASURE: Control Charting, Process Stability, Shift and Variation, Cause and Effect, Data Collection, Gage R&R
- ANALYZE: Descriptive Statistics and Capability Analysis, Root-cause Analysis, Charting (Pareto, Box Plot, Histogram), Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Problem-Solving Techniques
- IMPROVE: Brain-storming, Mistake Proofing, Process Redesign, Pay-off Matrix, Implementation and Change Management
- CONTROL: Process Ownership and Transition Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Control and Reaction Plan, Benefit Realization
This interactive workshop provides a solid understanding of the fundamental concepts and applications of running LSS initiatives within your organization. You will engage in simulation activities to reinforce the concepts and help you put learning into practice.
This program is for people who are new to LSS and looking at process improvement methodologies for their organization. It is also for those engaged in leading, supporting or sponsoring process improvement initiatives.
“This course is completely relevant for anyone who needs to learn a solid process for defining their current issues, and then using the data tracking techniques for identifying areas of opportunity and for proving that the ideas put forth for correction are succeeding.”
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Apollo Forest Products
“The program materials and the teaching style of the instructor have inspired me a lot. It was a great learning experience.”
Ecoblend Research Inc.